Over 10 years experience as a Senior User Experience and Graphic Designer at a major eCommerce company in southeastern Wisconsin. Lead designer on multiple front end website re-designs. Conceptualized and created web and print advertising assets for hundreds of marketing campaigns.
- Design website and web application wire frames, user flow, mock ups, and final designs
- Liaise with marketing, brand and product managers, copywriters, and IT developers on all project phases to ensure optimal user experience and maximize project success
- Create standards-compliant, cross-browser compatible HTML and CSS
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple, concurrent projects
- Develop responsive design for optimal viewing experience on multiple devices
- Manage day-to-day creative design requests across multiple brands
- Designing coordinated multichannel marketing campaigns for Email, Landing Pages, Social, Mobile, Print, etc.
- Designing and team management of graphics for web projects and integrated cross-functional team projects
- Retail print catalog design and coordination with brand managers, merchants, licensing team, and print vendors
- Assist business analysts with requirement documentation for IT developers
- Collaborate with IT to troubleshoot client-side code when needed (i.e., layout problems, optimizing page download speed, and SEO)
- Ability to build strong working relationships with diverse range of coworkers
- Develop multiple versions of a design for A/B testing
- Video editing, production, and rendering for multimedia
May 2013 to Present - Freelance UX design consultant.
- Front end web ux design for responsive e-commerce websites
- HTML email design
- Landing page layout and graphic design.
January 2003 to May 2013 - BuySeasons Inc., New Berlin, WI
Sr. UX Designer 2009 to 2013
- Managed 4 Web/UX Designers and 1 Photographer. Responsibilities in addition to core project work included assigning project work and tasks and co-reviewing performance
- Continued to grow skill set by developing an advanced CSS knowledge, HTML5, design for Mobile and Tablet devices, and experience with jQuery
- Lead designer on print catalogs & direct mail creative for Halloween season
- UX designer for major UX initiatives such as new product theme page, Ask and Answer functionality on product pages, rich content article pages, and shopping cart A/B testing
- Lead designer on Halloween branding style-guides and marketing creative initiatives
Sr. Designer 2006 to 2008
- Position migrated to the Marketing department
- Transitioned into role as team lead for small group of designers while maintaining all previous duties and responsibilities
- Lead Designer for major website designs and redesigns and all major marketing creative initiatives.
Graphic Designer / Web Designer 2003 to 2005
- Member of the IT department
- Sole designer on staff for the company as it was still a small start-up
- Responsible for all creative marketing services for websites, Email, and print catalogs
- Created wire frames, mockups, and final HTML & CSS templates
- Performed all digital photo editing
Wep Property Experience
Original flagship web property for BuySeasons that features costumes for all occasions.
- UX designer on 3 major site redesigns (most recently in 2011)
- Authored all CSS and HTML templates
BirthdayExpress.com / CostumeExpress.com / CelebrateExpress.com
BirthdayExpress and CostumeExpress are eCommerce websites for kids birthday supplies and family friendly costumes. CelebrateExpress is an eCommerce site featuring every day, non-birthday party supplies.
- Responsible for design of creative reset initiative to provide the brands with a more sophisticated, upscale look and feel. Project included a new homepage design, style guides, and branding updates
- Assumed UX design ownership at the end of mobile site project, making final edits to UI, UI bug fixing, and testing leading to successful launch
- Designed new site UI to assimilate newly acquired websites into eCommerce platform, after Celebrate Express was merged with BuySeasons (2008)
- Designed GUI for print on demand services that allowed customers to add text and photos to their birthday banners
EvitePartyStore.com (Powered by Birthday Express)
Website to sell directly to Evite customers through BuySeasons eCommerce platform.
- Designed full site UI for this initiative with Evite
Business to Business wholesale and drop-ship website.
- Designed several UI updates and enhancements
- Collaborated with IT to troubleshoot layout issues during user acceptance testing prior to code releases
- Completed a full site redesign in 2009
- Performed site maintenance and updates as needed
Software & Coding
- HTML5, XHTML, CSS/CSS3, jQuery experience
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Flash, Acrobat Pro
- Adobe Premier, Adobe Media Encoder, DVD Architect Pro, Sony Vegas Pro
Madison Media Institute. Madison, WI
May 2002 / Associate Degree / Digital Design